The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ive got no night time heating on my tank and my appartment is not heated well (boston) and ive found it to be fairly cool in the mornings and have been getting good progress. Ive got some growth pics in my tank thread which you can look at for reference. I think I am getting good progress, but I am not sure the temps in here at night and my tank is acrylic so it may insulate better (or so i am given to understand).

I think with a towel or blanket it will stay fairly warm at night (dont forget the wet substrate will be a pretty good heat resivoir and will help stabilize temps).

Chaos

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks, I think the on at night would probably be a great solution. I have been giving something like 16hrs a day. I am getting some algae or similar growing on the sand where there are no plants though.

There is so much condensation that I dont worry about the plants drying out. I did start misting with a very unscientific water and fert mix maybe once a week. Ive got two small holes in the plastic to exchange a little air, but mostly that happens when I open to take pics or spray things down.

Really not a lot of regimen going on in my tank right now.

Chaos

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.