The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have the DIY kit from Nilocg. Easy stuff, you pour macro powder into 500ml and macro into another 500ml. Shake, dose and refrigerate.

My macros micros have not completely dissolved. I've heated them hot in microwave, shaken a lot, let it cool, heated again. They've been sitting out on the counter for 3 days now. I still have grains of some powder in the bottom of the dosing bottle.

How can I dissolve them? How do I know what is missing?

·
Registered
239 Posts
i always have undissolved powdery fines on the bottom of my micro bottle. i don't know if its a precipitate or one of the elements, so wouldn't know what's missing. plants are doing well. i use ro water to make up my solutions.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how many grams of macro compounds did you put in there?
I don't know! I'm using the "cheater" packs from NilocG, DIY EI Liquid Premium Fertilizer for Aquarium Plants | NilocG Aquatic Labs doesn't tell you the amount. The bag weighs 63g. NilogC wrote back to me, recommending that I use 1l of RO water. I did that yesterday, heated, shook it. Still, it hasn't all dissolved. I might try bringing it almost to a boil today.

So one packet. Oh, and it is the micro powder, not the macro powder. My bad.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
i wouldn't worry about it. just make sure you shake it up real well. i can see fines in my 5ml dosing container .
The issue here is that I don't know which substance isn't being dosed! NilocG is awesome. He's having me try a second packet and if does the same thing, he'll refund as appropriate. Now that's customer service. I really want it to work though. I know a lot of people use their products and are happy. I might have just gotten a bad batch. I need more RO though to test.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.