The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
I get my Ferts from green leaf also, ground shipping is like second day now that Christmas has passed. But you can try Captain Nemo's in norristown. If you have never been there might be worth the drive. They have a reasonable selection of plants and driftwood. they also have a 5000g tank with a silver tipped shark in it,

http://www.nemosaquarium.com/

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies! Yeah, I tried Nemo's. They don't have dry ferts. I do get allot of supplies there though. Good prices. I went to "That Pet Place" today. I picked up some Assassin snail, Tiger Lotus, Rotala Indica, bulbs and some other liquid ferts. No dry ferts there either... Worth the trip thought!! Awesome place and plant plants! Not to mention fish!

I might just order online from the site you two suggested. Thank you!

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
no LFS around here carries dry ferts because they make more money on seachem you could try a local hydroponics shop if you can find one. but i would just order online because at a hydroponics store its likley going to be a huge bag that will last you 10-20 years.

·
Registered
303 Posts
HI, I am near Philly. Where is That Pet Place? I know of it only as a mail order site...
Its in Lancaster. Its about a hour and a half from Philly. By far the best fish store around the area. Really a nice place to visit if you have time its huge.

Thanks for the replies! Yeah, I tried Nemo's. They don't have dry ferts. I do get allot of supplies there though. Good prices. I went to "That Pet Place" today. I picked up some Assassin snail, Tiger Lotus, Rotala Indica, bulbs and some other liquid ferts. No dry ferts there either... Worth the trip thought!! Awesome place and plant plants! Not to mention fish!

I might just order online from the site you two suggested. Thank you!
greenleafaquariums.com like the rest said. He must tip the mail people extra cause he sure gets his products to you fast.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
i was at a wedding on haloween down the street from that pet place and drove by it. it does look like a huge store, but its a really far and boring drive. its even farther if you dont live near the turnpike. its like 1.5 hours from the turnpike

·
Registered
303 Posts
i was at a wedding on haloween down the street from that pet place and drove by it. it does look like a huge store, but its a really far and boring drive. its even farther if you dont live near the turnpike. its like 1.5 hours from the turnpike
I can get from the bridge to there in less then a hour and a half. Yes it is a boring drive but well worth it. I don't think there is a better store in the area.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
No one said they did cause I know they don't. greenleafaquariums is the place to go for it. your not going to find anywhere around here with them unless you find a hydroponic store.
uhh thanks for repeating my previous post? see post @ 9:28am... and yes some one did... the post subject says dry ferts philly area, so wouldent it make sense that this is why he was asking where that shop is?

·
Registered
303 Posts
uhh thanks for repeating my previous post? see post @ 9:28am... and yes some one did... the post subject says dry ferts philly area, so wouldent it make sense that this is why he was asking where that shop is?
No problem I didn't see it so I made sure it was clear :wink: Who found them? Since you say someone did.. I didn't see anyone say they did yet in the Philly area.

·
Registered
103 Posts
How do I use the dry ferts? I always buy the seachem excel, iron, comprehensive planted solution or something like that, phospate. Dry ferts is something like I can mix it by myself? Will it be cheaper than the seachem? Any comments please.

Thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
How do I use the dry ferts? I always buy the seachem excel, iron, comprehensive planted solution or something like that, phospate. Dry ferts is something like I can mix it by myself? Will it be cheaper than the seachem? Any comments please.

Thanks
This post has everything you need to know. You can mix them if you feel the need to or just put them in the tank dry. Its much cheaper though.

As for the ferts this is what you need instead of the high paid water ;) They have other stuff as well there.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Oh Thank You for the links. This will save lot of $$$..:smile: One more(last :hihi:) question, do you add excel even if there is no algae issue in a Co2 pressurized setup?

This post has everything you need to know. You can mix them if you feel the need to or just put them in the tank dry. Its much cheaper though.

As for the ferts this is what you need instead of the high paid water ;) They have other stuff as well there.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Oh Thank You for the links. This will save lot of $$$..:smile: One more(last :hihi:) question, do you add excel even if there is no algae issue in a Co2 pressurized setup?

No problem at all. I don't buy excel but you can add it if you wish just make sure you don't overdose it.. I use metricide personally cause its alot cheaper. I add about a half dose when I do add it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.