The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about my need for a gh booster, as my tap gh is 1. I looked at GLA's "GH booster" fert package, which had potassion, calcium, and magnesium sulfate. All which I have (in the form of CSM+B, albeit). Can I use these to raise the GH of my tap water during water changes? What do shrimp products use? How much should I use and how will this effect my dosing?

·
Super Moderator
11,976 Posts
I am a little confused; CSM+B is a trace mix, why/how do you have magnesium, calcium and potassium sulfate in it (unless you mixed your macronutrients with your micronutrients?)

In any case, the GH booster listed on GLA (and that Tom Barr uses) is essentially just those chemicals that you mentioned, so you can dose them to increase your GH.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am a little confused; CSM+B is a trace mix, why/how do you have magnesium, calcium and potassium sulfate in it (unless you mixed your macronutrients with your micronutrients?)

In any case, the GH booster listed on GLA (and that Tom Barr uses) is essentially just those chemicals that you mentioned, so you can dose them to increase your GH.
I meant use CSM+B for the calcium and magnesium and potassium sulfate in addition.

·
Super Moderator
11,976 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts