The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
short answer is yes. from my understanding, as long as you are consistent on the total amount you put in for the whole week, divide that by the number of times for dosing and that should be the amount needed per dose.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Depending on your light/ photoperiod and co2, you could quite possibly get by with once a week. Eco complete does a wonderful job of storing ferts. I'd recommend testing at weeks end, and fine tuning your fert regime.

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
I would still dose phosphate and iron ferts on different days, but yes, fewer dosings per week should be fine. Especially with a medium light tank. Are you adding any CO2 or Excel? I would start with the same daily dosing as the EI recipe calls for, but just dose less frequently.

Without carbon you could probably only add the EI daily recipe once a week (That is, one day macros, a different day micros) Net result is 1/3 of the EI accumulation through the week.
If you are adding carbon in any form, then still use the EI daily dose, but just twice a week instead of 3 times. That is not cutting it down much, though. 2 days macros, 2 days micros still means a lot of dosing. Net result is 2/3 of the EI accumulation through the week.

That ought to be enough for a tank that is not a high tech tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.