The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello kinda worried i have dropped a whole half glass drop checker into the tank with the fluid indside and it spilt out it is a 20 gallon long fully planted with 13 ember tetras 12 galaxy rasboras 6 otto cats 5 bloodfin tetras 2 amono shrimp a few assasin snails and a siamese algea eater

Im really worried that it might kill them has anyone had this happen and what was the precautions you took i dont wanna lose my fish l
Please help!!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
If you ever get something in your tank and you're not sure, you can always do a large water change. The larger the water change, the lower the concentration of whatever you're worried about.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Your fish are safe. DC fluid is simply bromthymol blue, which is a very mild acid, and some buffered water. The tiny bit in a dc will be diluted harmlessly.

Reactions: Seattle_Aquarist

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your fish are safe. DC fluid is simply bromthymol blue, which is a very mild acid, and some buffered water. The tiny bit in a dc will be diluted harmlessly.
Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.