The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason I'm not getting an accurate reading on 2 of my drop checkers I tried useing the tank water then tap water still nothing also my pressure CO2 system if I run at 2-3 bps no bubbles come out my diffuser I have the glass diffuser on both my 70gal and my 20gal. My 20gal shows I'm over but my fish are fine how's that? As a bubble counter I put the end of the hose in the water waited for bubbles to start then put the diffuser on. Any help would be good I just wanna get this solved.

·
Registered
45 Posts
For some reason I'm not getting an accurate reading on 2 of my drop checkers I tried useing the tank water then tap water still nothing also my pressure CO2 system if I run at 2-3 bps no bubbles come out my diffuser I have the glass diffuser on both my 70gal and my 20gal. My 20gal shows I'm over but my fish are fine how's that? As a bubble counter I put the end of the hose in the water waited for bubbles to start then put the diffuser on. Any help would be good I just wanna get this solved.
You used you tank water / tap water in your drop checker??? That may be why you're getting funky results.

Take a look here http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=269314&highlight=drop+checker

·
Registered
288 Posts
using tank water is a rough way to measure the tank water pH; if you want to know the ROUGH CO2 ppm, u need to using a pH-kH-CO2 chart (you need to measure the kH of the tank water as well)

if using a known dKH solution in drop checker(a shortcut method developed later), it is easier to determine the CO2 ppm w/o reading the chart

nonetheless, drop checker method have certain limitation, such as "time delay" and measuring a fixed point

·
Registered
45 Posts
using tank water is a rough way to measure the tank water pH; if you want to know the ROUGH CO2 ppm, u need to using a pH-kH-CO2 chart (you need to measure the kH of the tank water as well)

if using a known dKH solution in drop checker(a shortcut method developed later), it is easier to determine the CO2 ppm w/o reading the chart

nonetheless, drop checker method have certain limitation, such as "time delay" and measuring a fixed point
If that's the case then here's a chart for him...

There are testing kits for kh though I'm sure, there will be a way to guestimate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts