The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed a drop checker this morning (first time using one) on my 20g long, came back from work and it's a dark green:

Used a 4dkh solution with 3 drops of API ph test.

Injecting DIY CO2.

Trying to grow glosso and hairgrass, along with my other plants.

I read it usually has to be bright green. Does this mean this is not enough co2? Or am I good?

·
Super Moderator
12,128 Posts
That shade of green is probably fine.

If you were using pressurized CO2, you could probably bump up your levels a bit more, but since you're using DIY CO2, it would be difficult to control exactly how much you are injecting, so I would leave it be.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies!

I usually change the mix every week, this one is about 4 days old. Getting tired of swapping and cleaning ceramic discs.

Got the drop checker to see if I need to go pressurized, my plants grow well but my hairgrass just sits there short and green. I lap got some glosso this week, I want it to carpet.

Oh and I'm fighting algae, although this tank is only three weeks old.

Any advice?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
789 Posts
Got the drop checker to see if I need to go pressurized, my plants grow well but my hairgrass just sits there short and green. I lap got some glosso this week, I want it to carpet.

Oh and I'm fighting algae, although this tank is only three weeks old.

Any advice?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have dwarf hair grass in a low tech 20 long that has CFL lighting (new LED fixture on the way), dose ferts once a week, and use metricide daily (no actual CO2)...it took a few months but all the sudden the last couple weeks the DHG is sending new shoots so maybe yours just needs more time?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.