The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason the drop checker I have always kept in the lower right corner of my tank is now trapping my neon tetras.
I've lost two in the past week, even though I never had issues before.
They somehow swam inside the bulb, which was an inch or more above the substate and then could not escape.
I moved it up the upper corner of the tank, and hopefully this will fix the problem.

·
Registered
179 Posts
For some reason the drop checker I have always kept in the lower right corner of my tank is now trapping my neon tetras.
I've lost two in the past week, even though I never had issues before.
They somehow swam inside the bulb, which was an inch or more above the substate and then could not escape.
I moved it up the upper corner of the tank, and hopefully this will fix the problem.
That's the first time I've heard of that happening but I can see why it's possible. Moving the DC to the top of the water column should certainly help but I'd be tempted to keep it away from the corners. Fish, in my experience, are often drawn to tank corners. Also, in order for the DC to reliably measure the CO2 concentration, ensure that the DC is not in the direct flow from the source of the CO2 - be that a Lily pipe or diffuser.

Anon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.