The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey so my co2 drop checker flooded. I set everything up yesterday, bubbles were going fine. Then it turned itself off for night time with a timer, this morning the drop counter is flooded, and I don't know how to fix it. When I try to unscrew the cap to get the water out water keeps flowing out. Here is a pic of my layout. Do I need to move stuff around? Also I am using a co2 reactor.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Yeah, use check valves to prevent the back siphoning (when the solenoids shuts the system off, water is being sucked from the tank). Good thing, it looks to not have sucked water all the way to the regulator (bubble counter isn't completely full), which can damage it.

If you plan on using the co2 right now, I would suggest just going to a local store and pick up a check valve right away rather than wait for shipment as by then there might be damage to your system from the water.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You dont really need another check valve. The bubble counter you have likely has a built in check valve so nothing will siphon backwards past the bubble counter. Water siphoning into the bubble counter is no big deal. It needs water if you want to use it as a true bubble counter.

·
Registered
584 Posts
You dont really need another check valve. The bubble counter you have likely has a built in check valve so nothing will siphon backwards past the bubble counter. Water siphoning into the bubble counter is no big deal. It needs water if you want to use it as a true bubble counter.
Safer to add a check valve between the regulator and the tank. There have been reports of check valves between the bubble counter and needle valve failing.

·
Plant Clown
4,729 Posts
I always use at least two check valves. All check valves will eventually fail, and contact with water hastens that demise. I got tired of check valves failing, and reached into my wallet for a nice, inline, stainless Swagelok. It lasted 6 months. So I use cheap valves from USPlastic. No complaints.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts