The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pH controller is set at 6.3. ph is 6.3 water Kh is 4. I did a water change with 15 gallons of RO water with a pH of 6.8. It has been 2 days and not turning green. I aerated the tank to raise the pH and the controller turned on and dropped the pH. How can I test the drop checker fluid?

·
Registered
738 Posts
I'd suspect the pH meter on the controller - that's likely the problem. Have you calibrated it recently? That is far more likely to be incorrect than the drop checker fluid.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The probe is only 2 months old. I just calibrated it when I did water change. Plants are pearling.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Try placing your probe in your PH4 or PH7 calibration solution and see how far of it is. With a PH of 6.2-6.3 and a KH of 4 your drop checker should be bright green.
Either your probe needs calibration/replacing (most likely)
or your indicator solution in your drop checker is faulty for some reason (not very likely).

Edit: Posted before your replied, that's very odd then. The new probe you got what is its best before date on the package? If your probe turns out ok then it must be the indicator solution which sounds kinda weird. :S

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
What type of water did you use in the drop checker? It has to be a specific KH for them to work. Many drop checkers say to use aquarium water for some reason. That's simply wrong.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Do you have a ph test kit with the test solution? If so try using that solution instead of what came with the drop checker. Had this happen to me and the solution that was sent with the drop checker was bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts