The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, new to the forum, currently I have a 57 gallon, not planted and getting another tank to plant. I'm looking for some nice driftwood pieces like the branches I see in a lot of pics here. I've never seen anything here in the LFS. Just big chunky pieces. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Locally is even better. I live in Culpeper, Virginia but travel to northern VA daily for the job. Thanks.

·
Registered
361 Posts
You can certainly find some nice pieces on the SnS forum, but I prefer to go out and find my own "wild" hardscapes. As long as you're fairly confident the wood hasnt been soaking in a nasty chemical soup and it's not a soft wood like pine it should be fine for the aquarium. I pressure wash mine first and then boil them just to make sure I kill any nasty critters that might be hitchhiking.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'm curious what sellers you are buying from on ebay? I have not seen anything really that special, but then again I'm trying to find a nice branch like piece.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Definitely check the For Sale section. Look up plantbrain's threads. Terrific manzanita branches.

There are other sellers, as well.
I was just looking for plantbrain's sales thread last night - he always has beautiful pieces...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.