The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any feedback on this driftwood placement? Should I move it further to the right? Should i cut off the piece that is sticking straight up in the front? This is a 40B. I have more driftwood but it seemed to crowded with more than one piece. Thanks.

Overhead

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Just IMO, but kind of looks like a stiff dead cat with claws to the sky. and there's something about the single branch along the substrate. Post some more pics with all branches on ground or different orientations

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I didn't see the 'dead cat' in the first photo but the second one I do like a lot more.
I should have said hairless anorexic dead cat(or chihuahua)...Anyhow the second set of pictures are much better IMO. Now looks like a Siberain Tiger about to pounce with all its open claws.

IDEX, please share your ideas on what you're planning on stocking

·
Registered
370 Posts
I liked the first option myself. Somehow it accentuates the height of the tank better IMO. I can envision a finished product in the first layout with a stem forest in the left corner, progressing forward and to the right with your shorter carpet plants.

Either way though, nice piece of driftwood you selected. It fills the 40B nicely.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Nice update there. However I like the position of your very first post. Its not centered and doesn't make the tank look balanced. Too balanced makes the setup unrealistic to most. I like the plants that are the lil spike bushes. Is that eriocaulon. I hear they are a pain to maintain. I'd like to add some in my new build I am designing for. How are they working out for you. Any pros/cons. Overall I like the fill in growth. The driftwood is nice and patchy and not crowded. Only thing I would do differently with your tank is black or cover the back. It would make everything in your tank stand out.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, yes the spikey plants are erios... on the left side is cinerium... the one on the right side is a mystery erio.... some of called it "mini." I agree a black background would make everything "pop" some more. Erios have been pretty easy, but I EI dose fertz, inject CO2 and run 2 T5HO bulbs.

You should have seen the driftwood before I tore out a ton of fissidens. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.