The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a few pieces of driftwood but I'm going one at a time here. So for the first piece, what do ya think? The first or second one?

Sorry for the crappy pics I'm no photographer. Also, besides which direction its facing, to you think I should angle it or leave it pretty much straight across?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I agree, I like the first pic better too. More tunnels, nooks & crannies to watch fish swim through!

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
I generally prefer to make tunnels & arches whenever possible. I agree totally and prefer the first one.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool thanks for all the input! I went with the first pic. Filled it up now just will have to wait a few days for it to clear.. I know this is off topic for this section of the forum but I do have one worry about this driftwood; when the inevitable fish death occurs I'm scared there will be one inside that wood that I won't see in time. Anyone else had trouble like this?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I love that piece, the only suggestion I'd have is possibly trying to submerge the tips of the branches, so that it looks more like it's coming out of the substrate rather than sitting on top of it. It might already be that way, hard to tell from the pictures.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love that piece, the only suggestion I'd have is possibly trying to submerge the tips of the branches, so that it looks more like it's coming out of the substrate rather than sitting on top of it. It might already be that way, hard to tell from the pictures.

It was sitting on top so i pushed it into the substrate a little.. looks alot better! Reminds me of an underwater swamp sort of.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.