The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if I'm posting in the right area or not, but if not, please move.

I want to get some driftwood for my 55G but I don't want to go to the LFS to buy some because they charge like $5-6/pound, and I don't wanna drop that kind of money on driftwood.

I live in the Romeoville area and was wondering if there are any parks or rivers I can go to around here to find some decent driftwood.

Not sure if anyone can help, but if you can, that would be awesome!

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I grew up down there, yes I know were you can find some. Yes, pretty much all areas will be illegal to do it in.

Over near the Drive-In...if it's still there? Was a fishing place an old quarry. You might ask there...if they are still in business. There's aways stuff in the Des Plaines river, trouble is getting legal access near you. That used to all be leased my Com Ed. If it's under Ill. Dept of Conservation control now...don't even think about it.

It s also Deer Season now, Oct 1st. So be careful poking around in the woods, so some knuckled head doesn't get excited and think you are a deer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey, I'm looking on Google Earth because I'm also trying to find a river I can jump into. Freakn des Plaines is like 5 minutes from my house. But looking where Romeoville is, if you go on E Romeoville Rd. headed East, it runs thru some river. I would just park on the side of the road and go. You are not on some company's property.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.