The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my area LFS are mostly the large chains which usually don't have anything in this hobby are looking for. Aisles and aisles of useless junk companies push on people to make a buck. I would love to open an aquarium store specializing in the art of planted aquariums or biotopes. Have selections of natural driftwood not just fake plastic garbage. Selections of stones, dry ferts, and different substrates. Have plants sectioned by types or light needs etc. If only if only I knew there was more of a demand in the area (and not only me going crazy have to order everything off the Internet) and that the chain stores wouldn't just gobble up this idea. Just a thought, maybe one day.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well u can start by stalking customers looking around the fish section and do some survey work. Lol
See if there is a club in NJ and ask if there is a big enough need were u live and if they could pass around some surveys to get a better idea. Hate to say it but a site online will most likely be ur bread and butter if u did open a shop. That is a good dream, maybe I'll be ordering from u one day

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.