The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently bought a good looking Dragon Scale Betta from Petsmart. I've had him for about a month now. He seems kind of lonely though.:frown: I don't know much about this kind of fish. I couldn't find much about it on the web. I'm wondering if he needs tank mates or if he's better off alone in there. I have him in a 10 gallon with a heater and the proper filter waterfall. If he could use a few tank mates what would be the best to put with him. I've heard that with a plain regular betta you can have pretty any fish that's not a bright color in the tank as long as it's not crowded. I don't know if that applies to Dragon Scales or not.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Fast moving tetras/danios/rasbora's

I kept all of my bettas sucessfully with Harlequin Rasbora, Hengal Rasboras, WCMM, and now I keep my Dragon PK with the remaining hengels, sole neon tetra, yoyo loaches, angelicus loaches, clown pleco, and a school of Beckford Pencil Fish.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Most fish will nip at a bettas fins. Tetras, danios and barbs seem to be the worst with this. A small bottom fish would work, maybe some panda cory cats.

·
Registered
232 Posts
He has a shorter tail, right? Don't worry about the nipping in that case. I've kept danios with them and never had a problem. Apple/mystery snails are cool companions, cories are cool if you have a big enough tank, and occasionally you can keep shrimp with them. bettafish.com is a great resource for betta keeping :]

·
Registered
42 Posts
A dragon scale betta is just the same as any other betta. The care is no different. I have mine in with a couple amonos but they haven't been together long enough to tell. You could throw in a ghost shrimp and see how he reacts. If it doesn't get eaten you can try setting up a rcs colony. just give them lots of little hidey holes.

I agree bettafish.com is where I got all my betta advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.