The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my first attempt at aquascaping. I've done about a year plus of researching and planning this out. So let's see where this journey through Dragon Peaks goes!

Before planting

Rockscape - Dragonstone
Substrate - Mr Aquasoil (bottom), ADA Amazonia (top)

After planting and fill

Plants - Cuba, S Repens, Alternanthera, Hygrophila Araguala

1 week later

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great scape, just watch the AR Mini (I assume it's AR Mini), it might get a bit big for that area eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is starting to get big. I'm going to have to move some stuff around once everything gets grown in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2 week update

Thanks everyone for the support!

Yesterday I did a 80% water change and removed the big stone that was on the left. It was super hard to clean and the orange dirt/clay kept leaking off into the water so it had to go. I had to add a little more Aquasoil to compensate for its removal and replant some of my hygro stems in the back.

I started fertilizing last week using estimated index method. Super easy just measure with my measuring spoons and drop the powders in. I had to go to Bed Bath and Beyond to find the smidgen and pinch measuring spoons.

I need to get another carbon pad for my Eheim 2213 canister filter because I can smell the tank a bit. I hope that won't suck the nutrients out of the water?????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.