The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....is pretty great stuff. Currently enjoying a leftover bowl of black-eyed peas made with bacon grease for that extra bit of flavor. :) Last night was beef stew cooked in a pressure cooker with home-made gravy, rice, and locally picked corn on the cob. Share your good ol' food like mom used to make dinners and experiences. :)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I made some oven-fried chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, gravy, and some steamed broccoli tonight. Im going to smoke a pork roast one day later this week for some pulled pork sandwiches. Will make some homemade french fries and cole slaw with that. Otherwise the rest of the week it will be quick meals from things that have been frozen or leftovers :)

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Mmmmmm..

Yesterday it was smoked chuck roast, with mashed potatoes, gravy, and corn. Today it was Philly cheesesteaks. Tomorrow I'll probably make General Tso's chicken and jasmine rice, with some sugar snap peas.

It's all down-home cookin' somewhere. I wouldn't want to replicate food like mom used to make, since she really couldn't cook. :hihi:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Right now I am eating soup from a can. Most of my dinners come from a can or a drive thru window. :icon_sad: I enjoy home cooked meals a lot, but I am not a good cook and I live by myself. Most of the dishes that I do know how to make, make so much that I have to eat it for a week. I don't mind left overs, but there is a limit to how many times in a row I am willing to eat something.

Not to sound like a momma's boy, but... I miss my momma's home cooking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.