The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I started working on this thursday night and got it all up and running last night 9/2/11 so let me know what you think..:proud:

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
Pretty nice looking. Better make sure you install a small ventilation system, otherwise the tanks in there are going to make that cabinet a pile of mush in no time. Eager to see what you do with it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

More picture to come when the tanks clear up more.

I have cut the back of the cabinet and install four computer fans that blow back to front i have also cut the doors so there is about 1/8 inch gap all the way around..

Let me know what you guys think.:icon_mrgr

·
Registered
575 Posts
This looks cool! If you had the doors sized so that the top of the door hid the top frame of the aquarium, it would look like the water was being held in by the door glass. Don't open the door, or the water will fall out, lol! I think I have an idea for my next project!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It looks very good, it's too bad the glass doors have the frosted edge, really it's ok everywhere except up thr center.
I know what you mean but Monday I have new glass doors coming that I will paint black on the sides, bottom, and top of tank.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So i got some more stuff done to the stand. Added my air pumps, clean up the cables, and added my baby locks to keep my kids out.. Here is a few more pictures. I will be adding a few picture about every other day. what do you think?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Looks good. I think it will look better with the new doors. Nice work.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So the new glass doors came in and came broken so i sent them back and going to take my doors down to the local glass shop that i go to and see what they can do.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That seriously sucks on the doors
Yea it does but I'm in no hurry to get them right now money is tight and i would rather get some crs in the tanks first so they can start breeding. For now i just leave the doors off which looks a lot better in its self.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I still like the "cupboard full of water'' illusion

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I still like the "cupboard full of water'' illusion
That's going to be the illusion that I'm shooting for. This weekend I'm going to working on it more. I'm having a little algae problem right now and I think its because i have high light they are t5ho dual over 20 gallon high. Thinking of mounting them to the shelf and running with no reflector to see if that is going to help and i also turned up my co2 to 3 bps form 2 bps so i will see what happens.

Thanks for all comments guys hope they keep coming I know i can use all the comments and help I can get.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts