The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have the above fertilizers. I misunderstood when I was reading about fertilizers that there was a specific product "Flourish". I thought they were talking about the entire line of nutrients :laugh2:

Simple question, do I need to purchase Flourish if I already have those 4 fertilizers? It appears that Trace doesn't have any iron. Should I get Flourish just for the iron? I'm following the dosing directions from the bottle.

Thanks for any tips!

Roarke

Tank specs:
injected co2 @ 2b/s
20 Gallon long
Photo period: 8:30-10, 5-9:30
Light: Finnex Stingray
Substrate is eco complete with oscomote root tabs

It's a pretty lightly planted tank but that will change soon.

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
Good that you got several- now you can customize the dosing of N, P, K and traces to get the right balance in your tank.

I would get Seachem Flourish Iron for the iron. Do not add more and more trace minerals just because the iron is missing. Traces can be toxic in excess.

Compare the amounts of active ingredients in Trace and Comprehensive. The amounts of N, P and K in Comprehensive are quite low. But the other ingredients (mostly trace minerals) are a bit higher in the comprehensive product. Might be a better buy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good that you got several- now you can customize the dosing of N, P, K and traces to get the right balance in your tank.

I would get Seachem Flourish Iron for the iron. Do not add more and more trace minerals just because the iron is missing. Traces can be toxic in excess.

Compare the amounts of active ingredients in Trace and Comprehensive. The amounts of N, P and K in Comprehensive are quite low. But the other ingredients (mostly trace minerals) are a bit higher in the comprehensive product. Might be a better buy.
I'll get Flourish Iron, and when I run out of Trace (probably a while) I'll look into getting Flourish instead of Flourish Trace.

Interesting you bring up toxicity, I'm a little worried I may have an issue with that from oscomote root tabs, but that's another discussion for another thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts