·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, tank stats below

Double Linear Compact Fl Strip 2x65watts
Injecting CO2
Florite Substrate

I currently have Anubias and HC, I need to know if any substrate supplements are necessary for my plants, I ordered Peat granules and some substrate tablets. I'm hoping to get very green plants and want to make sure I have the correct light/co2/dosing.

·
Super Moderator
12,014 Posts
How large is your tank?

I assume you have a high light tank, and are injecting pressurized CO2. The last thing you will need is some kind of fertilization routine (both macro and micronutrients are required). You will probably not need substrate supplements for your HC.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
20 gallons, I have telenthria in the tank when I had ADA aqua soil it was a bright red all over the plant now only the top is red, I am thinking iron deficiency.

·
Super Moderator
12,014 Posts
You have a lot of light for your tank. You probably only need one of the 65 watt bulbs...(I assume these are PC bulbs).

With this kind of lighting, dosing will be absolutely required for your plants (as I mentioned, both macro and micronutrients will be required), unless you want an algae farm.

I would start off by reducing the amount of light you have and then look into a regular dosing regime (i.e. EI dosing would be what I recommend).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts