The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fish room that uses an IBC tote like this: https://www.ntotank.com/275gallon-nto-white-rebottled-ibc-tote-tank-x7738443. Instead of dosing individual tanks, I'd like to dose this for 275 gallons and it distributed through the lines. Has anyone run into any problems doing this in their fish room? Most tanks are just moss and anubias etc. But wonder if I need to watch out for reactions with like the nickel plated valves I'm using to fill the tanks etc. I've tried in a few weeks and it seems to be going ok. Growing algae in tanks that don't have plants yet. Just looking for any tips or I'd watch out for moments. I figure if it's always in the water change water it shouldn't build up.

·
Premium Member
75g, 40g, 20g
3,848 Posts
For what it's worth, this is exactly what I have been doing for over 1 year. Just on a much smaller scale. I have a 20g tank sitting under my 75g tank. Tap water is piped into the 20g tank. Then gets the correct amount of Prime. Then I circulate/mix the water using a circulation fan. The the transfer pump in the 20g tank pumps the conditioned water up to either my 75g tank or the 40g tank. In my mind, this was the best way to handle water changes with the least amount of effort.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For what it's worth, this is exactly what I have been doing for over 1 year. Just on a much smaller scale. I have a 20g tank sitting under my 75g tank. Tap water is piped into the 20g tank. Then gets the correct amount of Prime. Then I circulate/mix the water using a circulation fan. The the transfer pump in the 20g tank pumps the conditioned water up to either my 75g tank or the 40g tank. In my mind, this was the best way to handle water changes with the least amount of effort.
Good to know. Do you dose in excel or anything in addition to macros to the changing water?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
75g, 40g, 20g
3,848 Posts
I don't dose Excel or anything to the water in the sump.
I do dose PPS-Pro (more or less) to the tank daily and I am also running co2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.