The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to dose 1/8 of a tablespoon of kh2po4 but dont have a 1/8 table spoon
lol i have 1/8 teaspoon,1/2teaspoon, and teaspoon and bigger i was wondering can i use any of these to get a 1/8???? or is there another way?

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Almost all doses given for various tank sizes are in teaspoons, not tablespoons. For a 10 gallon tank you would never dose in tablespoons.

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
steve_dowg2001 said:
i was told to dose kno3 1/2 table spoon and kh2po4 1/8 table sppon for my low tech 75 gallon does this sound about right?
I did not tell you to use a tablespoon in the PM that you sent me. :icon_lol:

tsp stands for teaspoon.

steve_dowg2001 said:
hey i have a 75 gallon low tech tank was wondering what should i dose once a week???/ i have seachem flourish and kno3 and kh2op4 how much of these do i need any clue?
Left C said:
Are you having any problems now?

Let's start at 1/3 of EI. We have to start somewhere and take it from there. Everyone's aquarium is different and requires its own tweaking.

1/4 tsp KNO3 3X weekly
1/16 tsp KH2PO4 3X weekly
5 mL Flourish 3X weekly on opposite days of your macros.
20% weekly water changes

Do you have hard or soft water? If it is soft, you may want to get some GH Booster or Seachem's Equilibrium. 1/4 to 1/2 tsp 1X weekly after water change

I took the following dosing regimenn and used 1/3 of it.

60~80gal
50% H20 change-weekly
3/4 Tsp-KN03 3x a week
3/16 Tsp-KH2P04 3x a week
1 Tsp-GH booster once a week
15ml 3/16Tsp-Trace 3x a week
Optional
4-8ml-Fe/Iron 3x a week
From: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/fe...-regimes_.html

- If this works out to be too rich, dose 2X per week.
- If it is too lean, add more.
- Watch for holes in older leaves. This indicates a potassium deficiency. You can dose K2SO4 or KCl (no salt from the grocery) if this happens. Usually dosing at the same amount and rate as KH2PO4 is sufficient.
- Try it for ~ 3 weeks before you make any changes.

Let me know how this works out for you.

Left C

·
Registered
405 Posts
Go to Bed, Bath and Beyond or any other store that has a kitchen department and get the measuring spoons that will contain a selection of different sizes. It'll cost like $3.99.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts