The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any micro nutrient supplements I can use with a planted shrimp tank....its low tech, so one dose/week....I have both CSM+B Plantex and Flourish COmprehensive, but both contain copper....which from what I understand, will kill invertebrates.....any suggestions?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I've used both without any problems. I currently dose CSM+B using EI method and I previously triple dosed Flourish Comprehensive. Only downside is great plant growth. :D

There's not really that much copper in these products, and shrimp, like everything in your tank, do need a little bit of copper.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Shrimp use copper in their version of hemoglobin, so if you were somehow able to exclude it completely from the tank they'd die. Shrimp foods almost always contain a copper compound or two as well.

I imagine someone has coppered their shrimp to death using some plant killer or algae control stuff with copper in it, but as far as foods and fertilizers go, you're fine. It's fear backed by a sliver of fact, basically. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.