The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I noticed that after dosing my water gets cloudy. Is that normal?

I do all of my dosing at night, every night (55g). I pump 6 pumps of Pfertz macros, and about 1 hour later 6 pumps of micros of Pfertz also 1 cap full of Seachem iron.

Should I change my routines? please suggest something for me, thank you.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I can't vouch for the pfertz line of anything, so I don't know if there's something funky about it or whatever...

But that being said, after dumping my dry ferts into the tank (micro or macro, doesn't matter) I see no cloudiness or anything. But then, when I add Seachem Iron to the tank, it gets cloudy for a few hours.

Based on that, I'm guessing it's the Iron that's causing your cloudiness. I only dose it once a week though.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Same here, Seachem's Iron clouded my water badly before I started softening it with RO/DI water. But I also switched to dry Chelated Iron %10, around the same time and never had any clouding issues again.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you guys are right, maybe it's the Seachem's Iron.

Is there any local stores that I can get some Chelated Iron that is aquarium safe? I forgot to get some from aquariumfertilizer.com and I don't really want to pay another $12 for shipping for just 1 product.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts