The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just bought some fert from Greg Watson and notice he jack up his prices for fert.. LOL. Anyway I was planing to dosing KH2PO4, Kho3, K25O4 and seachem flourish as traces in my 10 gallon tank. The lighting I have is a 65 watts coralife I know its a lot of light so don't ASK!! and pressurize co2 what I am not sure is the amount of fert. The fert are mix solution of 250 ml of water.
Heres what I got from Chuck's calculator:

KH03 : 5.00 grams gives me .20 ppm or do I want 20 ppm ?? The calculator don't have the period so I am kinda confuse:help: ... Suggested by the calculator I should get a ppm of .20

KH2PO4 : 13 grams = .96 ppm, calculator suggested 1 ppm

K25O4 : 4.00 grams = .19 ppm, calculator suggested 20 ppm

Does this all sounds right? :icon_eek:

Also how much flourish should I dose for a 10 gallon?

Thanks,

Finch_man

·
Registered
890 Posts
What plants do you have in there? What is your ph? I do not recommend making a "mix" of all of the ferts. You need to dose them separately according to your plant uptake and not recommended doses.

How often are you dosing? To me it looks like you are overdosing the hell out of your tank. I dose my 10 gallon about 1/4 tbsp of KH2PO4, 4ml Iron, and 2ml Kent Pro-Plant twice a week.

-Ryan

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 10 stem plants and half the foreground is HC... My ph is around 6.5. I have not start dosing my 10 gallon yet thats why I need to know the amount of fert for a 10 gallon.
Can anyone tell me the amount of fert should I use?

·
Registered
256 Posts
In my high fishload fairly heavily planted 10g with 28 watts and DIY CO2 (30ppm via drop checker), I add 1/8 teaspoon KNO3 and 1/16 teaspoon of KH2PO4 and K2SO4 every other day. The nitrates stayed at a constant 15 ppm and I had some green spot algae, so I upped the phosphates to 1/8 teaspoon as well.

Not even close to your lighting, but I thought I'd post it.

EDIT: Oh and 2 mL of Flourish every other day (off days from macros)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In my high fishload fairly heavily planted 10g with 28 watts and DIY CO2 (30ppm via drop checker), I add 1/8 teaspoon KNO3 and 1/16 teaspoon of KH2PO4 and K2SO4 every other day. The nitrates stayed at a constant 15 ppm and I had some green spot algae, so I upped the phosphates to 1/8 teaspoon as well.
Do you dose the fert dry? or do you make a mix solution?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
On my ten gallon w/ 65w and pressurized co2, I dose a dry mix of ferts that results in my adding the following 3x/week(I do miss a dosing here and there):
7ppm NO3, 2ppm PO4, 6ppm K, 2ml flourish.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.