The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick ? on CSM+B

This is a mixture of trace elements...So i can use this instead of Flourish?

Also, should i be dosing Flourish Excel even though i am running a DIY Co2 set-up?

thx

·
Registered
931 Posts
it depends, how much light do you have, and how many plants do you have? If you are experiencing algae issues, definitely use Excel. If you have moss or Vallisneria sp. or do not have algae, then don't use Excel (it would be unnecessary). CSM+B would replace Flourish Micros, but it you are dosing Flourish (regular) or any of the Flourish line macros or other ferts, you will still need them.

I would suggest upgrading to pressurized CO2 if you can. DIY is honestly a PITA to use, and it just doesnt work that well. if you do upgrade, you'll be stunned by the results.

·
Registered
383 Posts
This is a mixture of trace elements...So i can use this instead of Flourish?

Also, should i be dosing Flourish Excel even though i am running a DIY Co2 set-up?

thx
I have a ten gallon with DIY CO2. I do not dose CSM+b on that tank but yes it would be equivalent to Flourish

You do not need Excel, It may help if you have alge.
DIY Co2 should be enough for a 10galon.

what do you have in it?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Demos, i thought the "regular" Flourish was for trace elements...Isn't that what the CSM+B is?? I'm a little confused...

I've had this tank for about 4 yrs....Off & on DIY Co2 & dosing with dry ferts...took a break for the last 2 yrs and went low-light...

Seems like i could never get enough wpg over the tank...finally found a Sunpaq 40W 17 in. dual daylight bulb (6700/10,000) that fit my Coralife Aqualight!

So i'm attempting yet again to get this baby rollin'...I've got some baby tears, rotila (sp?), java fern, tiger lotus (i know it'll outgrow the tank soon, but it sure is purdee!) and some other stem i'm not sure of...in there now...3 dwarf-puffers & 3 ottos...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts