The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I upgraded by tank size and a paintball tank won't do anymore. I was going to buy a GLA pro stainless regulator (I will be using an apex controller if that matters) but to be honest, I have been extremely disappointed in the needle valves on regulators I've gotten from GLA in the past (the regs themselves were paintball regs and great, just the needle valves did not make me happy.)

Should I go ahead and get the one from GLA or is there something better I should buy? I am pretty set on wanting stainless. Obviously I don't want to spend a grand on just a regulator, but I also don't want to pussyfoot around and get something that I will be disappointed with later. I am not really knowledgable of the mechanics of building your own, and I have no desire to learn how to be honest.

I have been outstanded by GLA's service and products, don't get me wrong. I just don't want to be dissapointed with their needle valves for a third time, and I don't want to have to hassle with replacing the one it comes with with something better (assuming I would be disappointed in the first place. It might be great for all I know.)

Since I will be using a controller, I'm not even sure if the quality and accuracy of a needle valve is super important.

Clint

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Hi Clinton,

GLA used to allow substitutions from their standard configurations; you might see if you can get an Ideal V52-1-12 (52-1-12 with Vernier micrometer handle option) and for how much of an "add on". Ideal makes very good needle valves that are easy to make small adjustment with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.