The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ღ Miss ShrimpTastic! ஐ...
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I found it then. Thanks Sieu and Gordon! Mods please close thread : )

·
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the link but after I clicked on it, I realize this is really hard to find just something basic. I think HD or Lowes would be much more convenient.

·
Registered
755 Posts
That is one downside to that page until you get used to it. I find the best way to get through it is to just start selecting things I do know (size, material, color, stranded or not). By the time I'm done with that there is usually a list of less than a dozen things that I can then pick from. Some people I used to work with claimed they were good on the phone, but I never bothered as I'm used to their web page.
In this case I went 'single line'>'metric'>'10mm ID'>'braided' and that left only one item. If you went with 'unreinforced' instead of 'braided' you might opt to select a color or material (pvc, nylon, or silicone) and you would have less than 5 options. It's a bit overwhelming at first, but much like solving a problem by the time you put down the things do you know, there isn't much left.

·
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is one downside to that page until you get used to it. I find the best way to get through it is to just start selecting things I do know (size, material, color, stranded or not). By the time I'm done with that there is usually a list of less than a dozen things that I can then pick from. Some people I used to work with claimed they were good on the phone, but I never bothered as I'm used to their web page.
In this case I went 'single line'>'metric'>'10mm ID'>'braided' and that left only one item. If you went with 'unreinforced' instead of 'braided' you might opt to select a color or material (pvc, nylon, or silicone) and you would have less than 5 options. It's a bit overwhelming at first, but much like solving a problem by the time you put down the things do you know, there isn't much left.
Thanks for the information : )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.