The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
The 100ml purigen comes in a bag, when you buy the larger sizes you need to buy their special bag too as the purigen is really fine and will go through most filter bags. If someone sends you some you're gonna need to buy the bag anyways, and the bag costs more than the 100ml purigen.

Check Amazon.

·
ღ Miss ShrimpTastic! ஐ...
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip JR but I have done some research and those who buys the Purigen in large quantities actually use stockings as "the bag" and it works! Wal-mart sells them for $0.33 cents each so its not going to be a problem at all there.

I see plenty on eBay and Amazon but I am trying to see if I can get any from our SnS to help out. If I can find any in a couple weeks time here I'll just order from those other sources. Not in a rush for them ATM.

·
Registered
785 Posts
FYI, the bag that come with it suck. Broke at the seam on my first filter change.
It's probably better to just buy bigger portion and get a $.99 mesh bag from lfs.
Just my 2 cent.

·
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FYI, the bag that come with it suck. Broke at the seam on my first filter change.
It's probably better to just buy bigger portion and get a $.99 mesh bag from lfs.
Just my 2 cent.
That is what I heard. I will be using something else to hold it if it does : )

Still looking for it for about another week, if there is none I'll just order online.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I have many of the bagged ones and only had one break. The bags are filled with to much product and end up splitting. The bags are good because they resist bleach and don't break down. I would love to have lots of these bags.
Just my 2 cent.

·
Registered
649 Posts
i bought a 500ml jar of purigen...only used the media once...let me know if youre interested...shoot me a pm with an offer, maybe we can trade for something(im looking for short crypts and shrimp)... shipping is $6 unless a padded envelope is fine then itll probably be cheaper

·
Registered
430 Posts
Cheap filter bags won't hold Purigen. Generally the cheap ones are 300 micron or larger, and Purigen I believe requires 200 or smaller to hold all the grains in.

I've got 4 of the 100ml size that come prebagged, and haven't had any break.

·
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i bought a 500ml jar of purigen...only used the media once...let me know if youre interested...shoot me a pm with an offer, maybe we can trade for something(im looking for short crypts and shrimp)... shipping is $6 unless a padded envelope is fine then itll probably be cheaper
Hi! Thanks. PM sent :icon_mrgr

·
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Friday. Last college bump : )

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.