The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey all wanted to post my newly set up semi-planted tank and ask a question or two. So I started off fishless cycling with power heads, heater, 2 eheim canister filters, 6 bags of seachem flourite and two bags of eco complete. Over 300$ worth of substrate, ouch. Then I smashed some massive chunks of lava rock with hand sledge and chisel, more ouch for a different reason, and mess. Put that in there along wits a piece of tree stump I pulled out of the lake a few hrs away after sterilizing it. It still tries to float away so it's pinned down with rocks for now. A few days later I planted and added some flourite tabs, flourish liquid and flourishe excel and installed 2 giesemann 48" 54w T5 powerchrome super flora bulbs and two powerchrome tropic bulbs. Looks pretty good to me, not exactly up there with some of the stuff you see online, but it should work for me. The biggest question I have is in regards to co2, I understand the plants use it to grow, but when I stock the tank with fish, I'm still slightly undecided between red belly piranhas and a community tank of some sort, but it will be decently stocked as is the reason for two cannister plus plant filtration. But is that not sufficient for them to work together or is injection necessary for growth or just a possibility. I am dosing with flourish excel but co2 might be cheaper long term. I know the levels when dosing co2 bubbles must be checked or there's a risk of harming fish. Anyways thanks all for any comments or advice, cheers from up here in Canada eh.

Oh and used air also to speed up cycling. A few minor things to work on once the driftwood wood stays put under water. And almost time to trim the amazon knife which I got with a shoot almost ready to be seperated.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.