The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Because dolphins are 'cute'
:icon_roll
Cows are slaughtered much in the same way although I think it is required to knock them out first?
I suppose they could have done that to the dolphins.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dont Bite my Head off o yea I Dont think u wanna watch tthe video
wish i had listen to you now:(

Cows are slaughtered much in the same way although I think it is required to knock them out first?
I suppose they could have done that to the dolphins.
cows aren't slaughtered in the same way, they are kill some what humanly. The dolphins were thrown in the back of a truck(some were just dragged behind a truck) to slowly dry out while they were taken some where for there necks to be slit open.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dolphin is like a animal i dont think would taste good... I like Shark Though =D

i Guess its ok to eat them since they eat people

but the way japan is killing them

·
Registered
472 Posts
Tuna just hasn't tasted as good since they stopped putting the dolphin in it...

Cows are killed with a hydraulic ram driven through their brain. Chickens and turkeys have their heads snipped off by large shears. There might be a more humane way to kill the dolphins for food, but I'm sure many forum members would be equally bothered to see the way the rest of their food is prepared as well.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
o well i just dont like the way they wer circled around then stabs then drags then slashes on the throat and they are still floppin around struggling

every human in the world is evil the only good stuff are animals.. we are even destroyin the world with global warmin

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
wish i had listen to you now:(
cows aren't slaughtered in the same way, they are kill some what humanly. The dolphins were thrown in the back of a truck(some were just dragged behind a truck) to slowly dry out while they were taken some where for there necks to be slit open.
I guess it is possible to justify murder then if it is possible to kill humanely. Is it how the act is performed not the act itself? I'm sorry but there is no such thing as killing humanely. Do not knock how they feed themselves in other countries, Big Macs are not looked upon favorably in many cultures........DC

·
Registered
720 Posts
I actually posted this video in bc aquaria a couple of days ago. Anywhoo, cows are killed (ive seen this) by shooting a high pressure nail through their head (like a nail gun) which stunns them then they are hung by their back legs and their throat is slit so all the blood drains out (it doesnt ruin the meat this way). Chickens are strapped upside down in this conveyer belt thingie that runs them first through hot water (alive) and it also sends a mild electric shock to stun them (the hot water also helps to loosen the feathers by scalding the skin), then someone grabs their head and puts it in this clamp to hold it still then they go through this machine which slices all their heads off (its like a disc saw which can also go dull after a time). Dolphins are pulled from the water screaming "transported" to a butchering location still alive and their throats slit open and left to bleed to death surrounded by their family sharing the same fate.
Ultimately its what is the most economical, people like meat that tastes a certain way. Humanely killing something is fast but its also messy and can damage the meat. Yes the way its done is totally wrong (and you can see they feel pain) but the people doing the slaughtering arent paid to have feelings, they are paid to butcher these animals and do it in a way that saves the meat and a way that is cheap.
Sorry for the grusome details but thats just what ive seen personally (the cows and chickens anyway; my family kills these animals totally different and its much more 'humane' in my experience)

·
Registered
722 Posts
dolphin is like a animal i dont think would taste good... I like Shark Though =D

i Guess its ok to eat them since they eat people

but the way japan is killing them
sharks are gettin killed mostly for shark fin soup now....they long line the sharks and then chop the dorsal fins off and dump the shark back into the water to die...not very nice though....
lions kill and tigers kill lots of people.....so maybe we should eat them as well :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Its discusting. They should have dolphin farms if they like it that much. The amount they kill will put ripple effects in the dolphin population. They have what 1 baby a year? start doing the math its over for them. Its a shame.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Aren't dolphins highly evolved as far as their inteligence goes? Like almost on par with humans? Where Cows are not.
I think the level of conciousnious might have alot to do with how we can justify killing one animal over another for food. but then if you remove some lines then you have to include outselves as part of the food chain.

Morality is such a fickle thing.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I didn't watch the video because I know it would really get to me but I did want to say that I love animals whether it's a cow or a dolphin. All living breathing things feel pain. I just wonder why so may people think all other species were put here for us to do with as we please. What gives us that right? It seems no specie is safe from humans inhumanly killing them for whatever reason. It's just not right.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Aren't dolphins highly evolved as far as their inteligence goes? Like almost on par with humans? Where Cows are not.
I think the level of conciousnious might have alot to do with how we can justify killing one animal over another for food. but then if you remove some lines then you have to include outselves as part of the food chain.

Morality is such a fickle thing.
Ok, the video is bad. I felt sick while watching it. But who are you kidding, "intelligence almost on par with humans?" That is going a little too far. A fairer comparison in intelligence is dogs. Of course we do not eat dogs here. However, many people do around the world.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Why do so many people think if the animal we are inhumanely killing is dumb then it makes it alittle bit better? I guarantee you their are many dumb humans in this world. Does that mean they can be inhumanely killed and eaten, or made into a medicine that helps humans age better. Why get on the topic of the animals intelligence to make what they are doing right or wrong?

I've also read in magazines that human meat is one of the healthiest, leanest meats there is. Does that mean we can kill certain, dumb people and eat them?

I know that killing animals for food is needed but there is a human way and a inhumane way. I also believe not every specie in the world was put here for us to " taste" . It's just not right.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Please rank these animals on outcry worthiness and explain why they deserve the rank you have assigned them:

ant
panda
squirrel
puppy
pidgeon
manatee
pig
chimpanzee
spider
deer (not a buck, but a really cute doe with big, sad eyes)

This is an excercise in critical thinking. Should you choose not to accept this excercise, I'm sorry for offending you.

p.s. for the record, I am not pro-dolphin killing, because that's uncool.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.