The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my local pet co and saw they are having a dollar per gallon sale starting march 30th. I assume all the stores are....

·
Registered
442 Posts
How can you find out if you're local store is doing it? Will they tell you if you call and ask them or is it like a secret?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How can you find out if you're local store is doing it? Will they tell you if you call and ask them or is it like a secret?
My store had little flyers posted up in the store saying "dollar a gallon sale on the 30th." They want you to know before hand because it brings in customers, so as soon as the store manager knows they tell everyone!!! So if you call they will tell you, if they know. I've heard people on here say" oh they keep it a secret", that's a terrible way to do business.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
how does one figure out if the sale is going on near me?
Your best bet is to go in and ask, or call and ask. Their website is corporate run and since the sales are usually local you probably won't see it on their website. Every time my store has one they post signs weeks in advance.

·
Registered
329 Posts
That's how I bought my 55; great tank by Tetra, well made.
Me too! If it weren't for Petco's $/gallon sale, I'd still only have one tank.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Also, I went to my local Petco this past weekend and asked about the next $1 gallon sale and they also said they WILL be giving away free stuff with the tanks such as water de-chlorinater, water changers, etc...can't wait...:)

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also, I went to my local Petco this past weekend and asked about the next $1 gallon sale and they also said they WILL be giving away free stuff with the tanks such as water de-chlorinater, water changers, etc...can't wait...:)
That's sweet! Hopefully my store is doing that as well. The dollar a gallon sale is very smart on their part. They probably don't make a huge profit on the tanks themselves, where they get us is everything that goes with the tank.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Awesome post, I need a hospital tank desperately, which will probably turn into a grow out :p anyone know if there are some New England stores involved in this little menagerie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
what one did you go to 41st or 71st? did they say what day it started? all i have found out was some time in april

1 - 20 of 44 Posts