The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Im doing a 12 hour move in 2 days with a shrimp tank that has at least 15 shrimp including babies. It’s a planted tank with driftwood. My plan was to remove the plants & driftwood into a container with tank water an hour before to let the water settle and then remove the shrimp into another container with tank water & moss, leaving the substrate in with just enough water to keep it wet.

I am really stressing about it, any tips??

TIA

·
Registered
52 Posts
Depending on the kind of container you're using I would suggest an airstone with usb air pump if you can get one. If the container is a fish bag, I would try and go with a breather bag if you can get one in time. If both are inaccessible, then I would suggest like a plastic container that's not air tight, throw a little moss or a piece of mesh (like cut up shower/bath pouf) and throw a little Seachem purigen, which is available at most fish and pet stores. Also stop feeding at least the day before to help reduce shrimp waste and excess ammonia. A combination of these is what I do when I ship out shrimp and so far I've had a high survival rate. good luck with move.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depending on the kind of container you're using I would suggest an airstone with usb air pump if you can get one. If the container is a fish bag, I would try and go with a breather bag if you can get one in time. If both are inaccessible, then I would suggest like a plastic container that's not air tight, throw a little moss or a piece of mesh (like cut up shower/bath pouf) and throw a little Seachem purigen, which is available at most fish and pet stores. Also stop feeding at least the day before to help reduce shrimp waste and excess ammonia. A combination of these is what I do when I ship out shrimp and so far I've had a high survival rate. good luck with move.
[/QUO
Thank you! Will they be okay in a plastic container without an aerator? It won’t be airtight as they are just storage containers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't worry about aerator. I was switching tanks and put my 30+ shrimps with some moss in a bucket for 2 weeks and they lived very happily. You'll be fine with 12 hour :)
Thanks so much, will update after my move. Fingers crossed!

Like geekindenial mentioned an aerator isn't completely necessary and I do think you'll be fine; shrimp are pretty hardy in general. Please do consider the size of the container, the more water the less potential for problems.
Thanks a lot! Will update after my move with how it goes!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.