The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone experience this? I don't know if this was a coincidence, but I started dosing excel. I have dosed two times in two weeks, but each time, the morning morning I find my dogs puke?!

I dose at night and the tank is in the living room, dog mainly sleeps there but does wander around. Anyone can help explain this or is it just a coincidence. I am obviously cutting out the excel until I can find the root cause.

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
First off. Why do u dose at night? Plants use CO2 with light so you waste a lot by the time the plants need it. Unless the dog is drinking the tank water it's not the excel making him sick.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
435 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
I used both excel and metricide 14, but I don't see any problems with my dog. Of course, I keep the chemicals away from her. Are your dogs anywhere near the stuff?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My lights are on at night, I have weird schedule as you can see. Lol

Tank is in living room and dog sleeps there majority of the night, though is free to roam.

Haven't dosed since, and dog has not puked. Wondering if I should dose again to see if there is a correlation to excel but at the same time don't think it's even worth it. :icon_sad:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Well, is your tank covered/ have a lid? I would think he would have to drink the tank water for it to be happening, but even then once it is in the water it is so diluted I would not think it would harm him after all fish/shrimp/snails/frogs swim around in it.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
What time is dog fed?
If he/she is being fed of an evening before you retire and then puking up during the night,,I would examine the dog's stool (poop) to check that it was not worm's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts