The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just walked in and noticed this tetra has a few spots, similar to peeling glue off of your finger? I have a Molly who had the same, but I figured she scratched herself, so maybe this too? Or is it fungus or ich?

It's a 55 gallon, planted, peaceful.
The tetras play fight and bounce off of one another, but in the whole, half year I've had them, there's been no wounds, deaths, or sickness! So this is strange! I've never had an ich outbreak, or any sickness in the tank before (possibly now). Any help would be appreciated so much!

Bump: I don't have a computer, right now so I don't know how to show you guys a picture?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I just walked in and noticed this tetra has a few spots, similar to peeling glue off of your finger? I have a Molly who had the same, but I figured she scratched herself, so maybe this too? Or is it fungus or ich?

It's a 55 gallon, planted, peaceful.
The tetras play fight and bounce off of one another, but in the whole, half year I've had them, there's been no wounds, deaths, or sickness! So this is strange! I've never had an ich outbreak, or any sickness in the tank before (possibly now). Any help would be appreciated so much!

Bump: I don't have a computer, right now so I don't know how to show you guys a picture?
Take the pic with ur phone and upload it.

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
Hi Nyxie,

Ich is typically a white bump the size of a pin head or so on the surface of the fish. Fungus typically covers more area and results in discoloration of the surface. Google tropical fish ich fungus and see what pictures look like your fish.

Ick (not my pic)

Fungus

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't understand why I can't upload pictures?! I could on MyAquariumClub just fine.. There is no button to upload, anywhere.

Bump: http://www.myaquariumclub.com/anyone-have-an-idea-what-this-is-830448.html#830456

·
Registered
256 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's sticking out, in two places. Like someone picked at a scab.

Bump: No others have it. That's why I'm alarmed. I made another post, due to lack of response. (Always..) this has more pictures. http://www.myaquariumclub.com/what-treatment-for-something-like-this-830460.html

·
Registered
173 Posts
oh that poor Licorice Gourami! they just can not be kept in neutral or alkaline water

i hope whomever that fish belonged to either plunged it into a glass of ice-water to put it out of its misery, or plunged it into 80 degree water of 4.0 pH

and to the OP: ich, wound, fungus, rot, bloat, hangover, asperger's... don't matter what label we put on the ailment - getting that tetra into acidic water ASAP will eliminate the problem(s)

pH is THE most overlooked aspect in all of aquaria

from fishchannel.com/fish-species/freshwater-profiles/neon-tetra-2.aspx
"The ideal water condition for the neon tetra would be rainwater — pH around 5.5 to 6.2 and a virtually immeasurable hardness."

rainwater - I've been preaching that for years

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.