The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll use a 40g rubbermaid container to store tab water for a couple days before filling it in. I have an extra heater and a power head for the container but don't have an extra air pump. Will the power head do an adequate job dissolving oxygen as long as it agitates water surface?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Will the power head do an adequate job dissolving oxygen as long as it agitates water surface?
It sure will ;p

Also why not just use some conditioner into it then add it to your tank, rather than let it sit around? I suppose a better question is, why have that amount of extra water laying around?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only reason is that I find it difficult to match tab water temp with tank water temp (76 degrees). I measure the tab water temp with a digital thermometer and try to set it at 76. But I'm never successful. The end temp always deviates from the target (76) by a couple degrees...you know, too much or too little hot water.

I use a Python + a Maxi-Jet water pump to change water, so I'd love to avoid using a reservoir!

·
Registered
168 Posts
well I have an off brand python and what I do is just set the sink adapter to run just the water through it and then I turn it on full blast, then adjust the water temp then I do the siphon and add water. Unless you have some plants/fish that are 'extremely' sensitive, I wouldn't worry if you are +/- 0.50~1.00 degrees off, just add the water slowly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.