The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I don't think it bothers them or preventing your fish from getting a good night sleep. Some people do put moon lights at night. And the only sound that can harm them IMO is a deep base but for that you will need to have a huge speaker that is facing a tank :)
I also don't go to sleep until 3am or sometimes 4am and 2 of my tanks are right beside my floor lamp and my fish is fine and even breeding :)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
How does this affect the fish?

I have a tank set up in my office with my turntables and some pretty heavy speakers, the bass vibrates through the house and makes noticeable ripples in the tank water.
Sound waves can be very strong and also the vibration that deep base creates can't be good it's much louder to them and probably feel like an earthquake. I remember I was sitting on top of the speaker one time and the vibration from it made me sick, it felt like my whole insides where vibrating so think how the fish would feel.
I also worked at one of the clubs long time ago and we had an aquarium and the fish didn't live long, I wanted to save the fish but the top of the aquarium was locked :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts