The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.... Darn pond snails are attacking! I found some java moss that has eggs on them. Can I soak the moss in like aquarium salt and water to kill the eggs? If so whats the ratio?

At this point I feel like I just have to remove by hand and thats just sooo annoying and gross! But I'm doing it anyways ewww

·
Registered
848 Posts
Last week I tried putting some glut in a spray bottle and while outside and upwind I gave a few plants a light spray and then a good wash about 1.5 min later hoping it would kill the eggs. Anyone know if this attempt will work.
How about the salt
How about hydrogen peroxide.

Always burn them if using 20:1 bleach solution
Suggestions....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
528 Posts
Use alum. I will never use anything else. i ended up killing a bunch of plants using a bleach dip. Put the moss is a seperate container and use 3 tablespoons per gallon of water. Let it sit for 2-3 hours and then rinse well. I had mini ramshorns in my old tank and haven't seen one yet in my new tank. Plus its cheap. Like $4 at the grocery store in the spice isle

·
Registered
848 Posts
You wrote:

Use alum. I will never use anything else. i......

What is alum it sounds good. What is the full name and where can I get it.

Thanks for your assistance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Use alum. I will never use anything else. i ended up killing a bunch of plants using a bleach dip. Put the moss is a seperate container and use 3 tablespoons per gallon of water. Let it sit for 2-3 hours and then rinse well. I had mini ramshorns in my old tank and haven't seen one yet in my new tank. Plus its cheap. Like $4 at the grocery store in the spice isle
Thank babydragons! :-D I will definitely give it a try next time I go grocery shopping. Now what else can I use Alum in..... hm....

Seen in the baking aisle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts