The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The title should say pre-soaked**

I just got my manzanita branches delivered and I'd like to put them in my tank ASAP. They're sandblasted but have never been in water. Will the tannins be excessive? Will my PH drop dramatically?

·
Banned
5,942 Posts
It depends how much wood your received in relation to what size tank you have. If you putting one small piece in a large tank than the tannins won't be that noticeable. If your putting multiple pieces or one huge piece in a small setup so to speak it will look like you soaked a tea bag way too long.

I usually soak in a tub/bucket for a week or two depending on the size of the piece.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It depends how much wood your received in relation to what size tank you have. If you putting one small piece in a large tank than the tannins won't be that noticeable. If your putting multiple pieces or one huge piece in a small setup so to speak it will look like you soaked a tea bag way too long.

I usually soak in a tub/bucket for a week or two depending on the size of the piece.
I have a 75g (4ft wide) tank with two 2ft branches.
Will filter floss filter out tannins?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.