The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, that's my question :) I'm considering setting that up on my 25 gallon that has a coralife T5 NO fixture (36 watts).

I just got this light fixture, but in another similarly lighted tank, my stem plants grow almost an inch per week (excel only). How much of a difference will I see with DIY CO2?

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
'without CO2' is the point of reference. I want to know how much of a difference DIY will make in relation to just using excel. I know that it's more effective on a smaller tank, but 25 gallons is the tank I have.

Does anyone have an experience they can share?

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Can't give you an exact figure because there's too many variables. But assuming you consistently produce enough CO2 to hit at least 20-30ppm, and you keep up with the increased fertilization demands, I would expect at least 2x current growth rate, with more possible.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm with Cobra. There are a million variables. It would speed up your slow growing plants if you have any. Things like hygros will grow annoyingly fast but there's a lot of "if's". I think a large part of it is how good of a diffuser you use.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Simple answer...YES! It's a simple way of getting more growth faster...but your lighting is on the low side...but yeah co2 will help. I've used it in my 20 gallon and can honestly tell when my yeast in the diy co2 used up all the sugar and had to stir another batch up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.