The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a poster here years ago who used to create these super tiny aquascapes, like 6" cubes, that were just amazing with depth and perspective. If you didn't know they were tiny, you could be fooled into thinking they were 30G cubes.

Does anyone remember what I'm talking about? I would love to see what he's up to these days.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I remember seeing pico scapes like that a couple years back. Not sure if it was on this forum or another, but I definitely know what you're talking about.

They used things like the kind of moss from miramo balls, tiny pearlweed as a stem plant, monte carlo bushes, itty bitty pieces of stone, and millimeter wide spiderwood twigs, etc so the scale of everything made the tank look bigger.

I know I saw one or two (probably elsewhere) that even had a few ultra small nano fish.

Those were really cool.

I tried something similar in a 2.5 gallon shrimp tank after seeing some of those beautiful mini aquariums, but mine was no where near as good. I almost want to try that again now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.