1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I have one. It's hard to say whether its a waste of money or not, because I never had ich or other parasites before I got it. I use a diatom filter monthly and when I bring in new fish. But the GKM UV is on my 55g just as added precaution. It takes up room in the tank, and is not pretty unless you can hide it somehow. I'm willing to do anything it takes to never have a parasite outbreak. I've seen the way it can destroy a tank of fish, or cost lots of money in medicines that may or may not work. I've read lots of good reviews on them too. I got the smaller one, because it will still do the job, just take a little longer, IMHO.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I've not tried the Green Killing Machine, but I've used the JBJ Submariner for many years, which is pretty much the same thing as the GKM, and I love it.
It potentially helps to rid your tank of undesirable (possibly toxic) pathogens from the water, but also helps to improve oxygenation, water circulation, removing unwanted protein film from the water surface, and picking up & destroying many types of free-floating algae spores from the water column.
I would highly recommend a UV sterilizer for any freshwater or marine tank !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.