The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a serious case of MTS. I'm not talking about Malaysian Trumpet Snails, I mean Multiple Tank Syndrome.:red_mouth I find myself always looking for new tanks and ideas. I scour craigslist to find tanks and always want to try something new. Currently have 13 tanks set up and may be setting up two more planted tanks. Does anyone else seem to have this problem?

·
Registered
679 Posts
I had it a bit when I was younger and then left the hobby. Wife, job, kids etc. I came back a couple of years ago and things are out of control:eek:

Part of my problem is that my plant setups are lo tech dirt. I do not rescape, I simply do new tanks when the urge hits. BUT, it's all good, wife is cool with it and more importantly, my kids are somewhat facinated with the goings on in the "aqua lab" and their friends are now asking to see whats up when they come over.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We don't even have our first tank up and running yet, but my other half has already planned everything for Number 2 tank (which will be heavily planted) and Number 3 tank for more cichlids (this is what we are planning for tank Number 1). Talk about MTS, how can a person get afflicted with this when they don't even have 1 running?

·
Pixel Prestidigitator
4,343 Posts
How many tanks are required for MTS? I currently have 12 running. I own 33 total tanks and will get the rest setup my summer looking to get 50 by Dec 31. Is that MTS? To me it doesn't qualify. Oh yeah. My neighbor got his tractor fixed and I almost, almost dug 4 pits in the backyard. Should have given me another few thousand gallons. But I ran out of time.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
How many tanks are required for MTS? I currently have 12 running. I own 33 total tanks and will get the rest setup my summer looking to get 50 by Dec 31. Is that MTS? To me it doesn't qualify. Oh yeah. My neighbor got his tractor fixed and I almost, almost dug 4 pits in the backyard. Should have given me another few thousand gallons. But I ran out of time.
not much to do in Florida huh? :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
We're getting snow today...I envy you in Florida with better weather in the winter months Florida for designing backyard ponds! :)

5 tanks here...trying to keep it at that number...may not be successful...

I've got an old 10 gallon and I might set that up if the cory cats spawn again

Looking forward to more posts on this thread. :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have five tanks running, with three emptys waiting to get setup. My addiction all started last x-mas when I bought my daughter a 15g tank for her bedroom. It then snowballed into me getting my own tank, getting into plants, and then becoming addicted with multi tanks!

·
Pixel Prestidigitator
4,343 Posts
Brother I have a 3.5 year old. I have plenty to do. But he's asleep by 9. Most of the time. So between 9 and 1am I have plenty of time. And I don't have to get up until 6am. You just have to maximize the time you have.

·
Registered
96 Posts
At the most tanks, I am sure we had a dozen running between me and the fiancé at one time.
I went from 7 down to two tanks (210g and 75g) to go back to school but it didn't last

currently we have the 210g, plus the 75g planted,, just bought a 180g, 29g and a now a 120g fatboy L183 species tank.

Realistically when the tank shuffle is over we will only have the 210,180,and 120, and the fiancés 29g shrimp tank.

Well you know, and the old hex tank and rimless 10g stuffed in the closet.. lol

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Brother I have a 3.5 year old. I have plenty to do. But he's asleep by 9. Most of the time. So between 9 and 1am I have plenty of time. And I don't have to get up until 6am. You just have to maximize the time you have.

i can see you have whole 5hrs of unutilized tank time. you can totally handle atleast 10 more heheh :p

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Probably a good thing I have limited space (2nd floor apartment) for big tanks for just this reason. Instead I amuse myself with an ever changing array of no-tech planted vases and low-tech tanks.

37g is my main community, a 20g holds my main endler colony (and a pleco, spare fish, shrimp culls, spare plants....), a 3g has my good cherries--and after that it's all no-tech 2.5g standard tanks, planted vases and bowls. Numbers on those varies between a low of 8 (my long-term projects) to a high of 25 in the middle of summer when lighting wasn't an issue and I was playing around with testing different substrates.

·
Pixel Prestidigitator
4,343 Posts
i can see you have whole 5hrs of unutilized tank time. you can totally handle at least 10 more heheh :p
Even my memory banks and mnemonic circuits and neural networks require a certain amount of unpowered time. Unfortunate but true. I've even tried updating to the latest software and hardware to no avail. I really need to get some Vibranium

·
Pixel Prestidigitator
4,343 Posts
i can see you have whole 5hrs of unutilized tank time. you can totally handle atleast 10 more heheh :p
Got another 12 tanks Saturday. I now own 45 tanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.