The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen these being sold from japan and china for hundreds of dollars. What is so special about these shrimp. I'm not saying they're beautiful but thats a lot of money for a little shrimp.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I've seen these being sold from japan and china for hundreds of dollars. What is so special about these shrimp. I'm not saying they're beautiful but thats a lot of money for a little shrimp.
Do a search in the forum. You will find lots on information on them.
They have a grading system because of how thick the white is, no transparencies and some other special feautures. The higher the grade the more expensive. There is a price range for everyone.

-Pedro

·
Registered
845 Posts
You may not see why these particular shrimp are so expensive, but if you learn it's history and how many years it took to get such strains, then you would. It's really no difference from let's say...discus? Why are they so darn expensive? I've seen strains go for thousands of dollars. Why is that? Because it tooks year to develop certain strains to meet the high rigors of what a "perfect" discus is. What about dogs? Purebreds can be very expensive also. It's all relative if you think about. Just because it's a shrimp, doesn't make it any less valuable. :) Just sharing my thoughts....

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the reason I ask is I've had ghost shrimp and bamboo shrimp, both have died and/or been eaten. In a tetra/discus and blue ram tank. so If I paid all that money for a shrimp that is small and delicate I would prob. kill them.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
I keep Cherry shrimp with my CRS, and you want to keep the same grades together of CRS. There are certain shrimp you cant keep with CRS or they will cross breed. You can find all the information on old post about CRS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.