The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this AquaClear 50 HOB filter today in the mail from Amazon. When I opened it, there was this crack on the intake tube holder part. I tested it on one of my smaller tanks and it didnt leak at all, but Im worried if this crack will eventually get larger and will start leaking down the line. Im starting to get mad now. I ordered the same filter from Amazon, but from a different company before this one, and the whole freaking intake cracked off and couldn't even hold the intake tube. It works perfectly fine now, but Im worried about later on as the filter gets older.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
return it now or deal with it as yours.
impact fracture by the look of the picture and one thing to believe in is cracks don't get smaller with time.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
amazon is a joy to work with on issue. I purchased a refurbed laptop from them that would not hold a charge and had some issues w/ the keyboard. After speaking with support they sent me out another refurbed laptop and it arrived prior to me shipping out the defective one. they also covered $50 of the shipping costs.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Have had this happen (crack) in Aquaclear 50 and 70 when trying to get them to sit further down on edge of tank.(75 ,80 gal)
Aquaclear 110 easily fits down over the lip of most tanks but the smaller models don't always want to fit the edge of some older tanks with wider lip?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Amazon is great about returns. I purchased a 180 gpm pump which seemed to pump way less than 180 gpm. I told Amazon that it didn't live up to my expectations. They credited my VISA card for the purchase, including shipping. They also told me I didn't need to bother sending the pump back and that I could just keep it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.