The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, run it daily. Also there would be no way of stopping injection into your tank. Unless you removed the diffuser from the tank.

Thank you will run it daily.

I am not sure what the diffuser is but think you mean the air stone?

I remove it when lights are off and drop it back in when lights on.

I am testing PH as plan to get shrimp and tiny fish so want to see how ph works out because read shrimp are delicate.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have a drop checker (I bought a drop checker off evilbay for $4 shipped)?

I run my DIY CO2 24x7 and it never goes yellow. It's a 12 gallon tank. Just stays green all the time. Should be fine running it all the time unless it's a super small tank.

No I do not have one but after reading your post and looking it up, I will now , lol.

How neat and great little tool to have.

Thanks alot because have gone on few CO2 sites and never heard of this till now.

[Ebay Link Removed]

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One more tip. You will either need to make your own 4 dKH water for the checker, or you'll want to buy some with the checker. I made my own (just google DIY 4 dKH).

You just put some 4 dKH water in the checker with a few drops of PH solution. Pretty easy.
Thanks, I am going to buy it with checker as cheap enough and I know my limitations.

The DIY CO2 was easy enough but beyond that I am not a DIY person,lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.