The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I had some cherry shrimp in my 75g. I broke the tank down and put the plants in a bucket of water and set it in a room that gets cold. The room was at 65f. When I replanted and flooded the tank 3 days later I will be darned if there wasnt a shrimp swimming in there. No flow or filtration. No air. No heat. Just a 5g bucket half full of plants and water. Tough suckers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
They're pretty hardy, I unplugged the heater in my shrimp tank in summer when it was really hot and I'm embarrassed to say I sorta forgot that it was unplugged come winter. The bedroom gets pretty cold if the temps outside get low (lowest I've noticed it being was 49 degree F in the room) tank water was down in the mid 50s before I remembered that the heater in the tank wasn't just decorative. When I noticed, I realized that was why they had been looking sort of lethargic, and breeding slowed way down, but I never saw any bodies and the numbers seemed about the same. Just not many new shrimplets during that time, so they came through it fine aside from not berry-ing up like they usually do. And now that they've got warm water again they're breeding like crazy/normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.