The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just getting back into the hobby of doing a planted aquarium, this time I've decided to try a 14 Gal BioCube. I just started it up today.

The question I have is whether or not I need to use a heater for ideal plant growth. My plant of focus is going to be HC. If my apartment is warm enough year round is a heater really necessary? And if so what type would you recommend?

Thanks
GGG

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
I would say in a 14 gallon, you probably need a heater. Unless you keep your apartment very, very warm.

·
Registered
492 Posts
As a general rule, I find my aquariums stay ~2 degrees above ambient room temperature... So, if your room temp is fairly consistent you should be good to go.

HTH

Larry

·
Registered
1,621 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have always seen Bio Cube get warm & just about stay warm under most avg. room temps. I would put a heater on ther so when the lights go off & the tank starts to cool in the cooler at night or durining the winter you tank will not have temp swings. I would keep the heater at a low setting would be best. Always keep a eye on it the first few weeks to see how its doing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts